Welcome To Rental Property
Welcome To Rental Property
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We are a professional, knowledgeable, and courteous property management company. We work very hard to provide the highest quality resident services you’ll ever experience.
- We use professional vendors (painters, handymen, plumbers, carpet cleaners, etc) to ensure that your unit is in good condition. We inspect the work performed to ensure that everything is ready before you move in.
- We are available 24 hours a day to handle emergency maintenance repairs.
- We provide detailed Move-in and Move-out Inventory forms for proper documentation of the condition of your rental.
- All deposits that are retained by us are kept in a FDIC insured bank.
- When you sign your lease, you have a meeting with your property manager to go over all parts of the lease to help ensure that everyone is aware of their responsibilities under the lease.
- All our property managers are licensed real estate professionals according to state requirements.
- We return all calls and have centrally located offices.
Please note rent is due per the due date on your lease. Rent must be received by midnight of that date whether you pay online, drop off at the office or mail it to the office. We do not accept cash.
You have four options for payment of your rent:
- Pay online at the Tenant portal (preferred)
- Mail your payment to the office but must be received by midnight of the due date on your lease! (postmarks not accepted) Address: 5311 Lakeside Ave Richmond, VA 23228
- Pay in the Office – Open Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm. Address: 5311 Lakeside Ave Richmond, VA 23228 (For after-hours drop off of rent payments, there is a secure dropbox at our front door)
- Pay via Rent Money Voucher (contact office for the voucher)
It’s a package in which all Signature Property Management residents are enrolled for $29/month (or $299 upfront for the 12 month lease term). It includes HVAC air filter delivery (for applicable properties), credit building to help boost your credit score with timely rent payments, $1M Identity Protection, utility concierge service making utility connection a breeze during your move-in, our best-in-class resident rewards program, and much more!
We must get all pets approved by the owner. Before you adopt or purchase a pet, you MUST get written approval, sign a pet addendum, and pay the pet fee. If you do NOT get approval and move a pet into the property, you may be evicted.
No. Please submit a “Maintenance Request” to us. We will not reimburse for any repair work done without our written approval.
We strongly suggest that you get renters insurance, which can be found for under $20 a month. You can typically secure renters insurance with Atkinson Insurance Agency at 804-789-0795 (Office). Should you need assistance with this, just let us know. Please remember, Signature Properties or the owner is not liable for your personal property in the event of a disaster.
If you are in the military, we suggest checking with USAA first for the best rates.
Before doing any painting or any other cosmetic work at the house, please contact Signature Properties for approval. We will need to contact the owner to get his/her approval and will need to know specifics, such as color choice and brand. If you paint something or change something without our approval, you may be charged to restore the house to its original condition!
Please go to the “Maintenance Request” section of our website and submit the online request for faster service. In addition, you can always call the office at 1-804-746-7466.
In case of fire or flood or other major emergencies, please dial 911. All other emergencies can be reported by calling our office at 804-746-7466.
All normal wear and tear repairs are not the tenant’s responsibility. Any damage caused outside of normal wear and tears such as a broken window or holes in walls is the tenant’s responsibility. Signature Properties may require a professional to do the repairs depending on what is damaged or the extent of the damage. Such repairs will be paid by the tenant directly or charged back.
All of our properties are smoke-free. We do not allow smoking inside the unit or in the common areas.
- A Signature Properties application must be completed for each applicant.
- If a guarantor is being used, a Signature Properties application must be completed.
- A $55.00 non-refundable application processing fee must be submitted for each applicant and guarantor.
- Two current paycheck stubs and letters of employment must be provided for each applicant and guarantor. If you are self-employed, a copy of your income tax return and two months’ bank statements must be provided instead of a paycheck stub and letter of employment.
- A copy of photo ID.
Once the above criteria have been satisfied, the paperwork will be considered complete.
If you’ve seen an apartment/house from Signature Properties and you’re ready to rent it, you should apply and call the Property Manager immediately. Go to our website and fill out the application and make sure to submit all of the paperwork necessary for us to make a decision. Follow up with us to make sure we have EVERYTHING. Follow up with us the next day – as we tend to make application decisions quickly. As soon as we tell you you’ve been approved you’ll want to get the cashier’s checks and go sign the lease AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Remember, we won’t hold the apartment/House for you until the leases are signed and the checks are submitted.
To qualify, without a guarantor, prospective tenants must make a monthly net income of no less than 2.5 times the monthly rent. For example, if the monthly rent is $1,000 each applicant must make at least $2,500 (2.5 X $1,000). In addition, each applicant must also have a stable employment history, good residency history, and a good credit rating. If each applicant does not meet these requirements, a guarantor or extra security may be used instead of them.
Please call for minimum requirements to rent a property.
Generally, our leases are at least one year. However, depending on the season and particular property, we can offer some flexibility if you are in a situation that requires a shorter lease. Please discuss with our property managers to learn more.
Your security deposit will be refunded or a disposition statement will be sent within 30-45 days of the move-out date. The full amount will be reimbursed if your account is current and the move-out inspection reveals no concerns. In cases where money is still owed on your account, the residence was left in a less than desirable status, or damages have been caused to the property, the deposit will be adjusted accordingly.
In most cases, our rent is due on the 1st day of the month and is considered late at the end of the 5th day of the month. Refer to your lease for specifics.
In most cases you should make your Money Orders, Certified Checks rent payable to Signature Properties or you may visit our website to pay online
- You must notify us in writing at least 60 days before the end of your lease or if your lease has expired and you are renting Month to Month. You will be required to vacate your apartment by noon on the last day of the rental period.
- Schedule a move-out inspection with the manager at least 7-10 days before the move-out date.
- Remember to clean your apartment or house. Your apartment should be in the same condition that it was the day that you moved in minus normal wear and tear.
- Provide us with your forwarding address so we know where to send the balance of your security deposit. You will receive it within 30-45 days after you move out.
- Talk to your neighbor. You are the most effective person in resolving this problem.· We have found that in most cases noisy neighbors do not realize that they are noisy and are very willing to work with you. We are more than willing to inform them of the problem but we have found that this usually creates resentment between neighbors.
- Call the police. If the noise is excessive (loud party, very loud music, domestic dispute, etc.) the police are the best people to handle such a problem.
- Call us. If all else fails, call Signature Properties at 1-804-746-7466.
No. Unless the lease agreement states otherwise, the resident may not sublet any portion of the property without written consent from Signature Properties.
Yes, Signature Properties offers a Home Buyer Incentive Plan.
If you are interested in purchasing the house you are currently renting, or another house anywhere in the state of Virginia, we can help you! Signature Properties offers Home Buyer Incentive plans to current residents.
If you have any trouble accessing the provided information please contact us for further assistance.
"*" indicates required fields